Geriatrics clinic is focused on providing care for the unique health needs of older adults/aging adults.
What Are Some of the Common Geriatric Disorders?
- Heart disease.
- Alzheimer Disease.
- Mental health and depression:
Common signs and symptoms
- Joint Pain With various other musculoskeletal issues
- Anxiety and depression
- Lack of sleep
* each disease is an umbrella term with lots of different alarming signs
- Physical examination, functional tests, evaluation by doctors.
- Lab tests for structural and functional abnormalities.
- Social history, Psychological issues.
Treatment Modalities for the elderly
Geriatric people come with various issues which should be approached with a proper assessment and individualized treatment protocol. It is a multimodal approach customized in accordance to the client condition and need:
- Here the session starts with a detailed assessment and diagnosis followed by a multimodal approach of treatment for the betterment of patient.
- Sessions are individualized or in groups depending on the specific inputs.